State of BattleField

PostAuthor: NoobHunter [NL] » Fri May 30, 2014 11:09 pm

Thought I'd share my fav YouTubers latest vid :noobster:

Watch on youtube.com
NoobHunter [NL]
Honorary Clan Member

Re: State of BattleField

PostAuthor: NoobHunter [NL] » Fri May 30, 2014 11:37 pm

Agree with him that based on the developers response with this frostbite engine we're not going to see a tick rate higher than 30Hz for the next BF game...

That said, if BC2 also has a similar tick rate to 30Hz it should be possible with proper code to make something enjoyable lol :boxing:
NoobHunter [NL]
Honorary Clan Member

PostAuthor: RG5023 » Sat May 31, 2014 10:21 am

Thanks for the share Noob, yep EA won't be getting any money from me for that game. :flush:

I can remember when we all hailed the Frostbite Engine, only for it to turn into a white elephant if they can't get that tick rate up. :banghead:

But, BF4 does offer extremely great graphics and soooo much is going on, I doubt if any current game engine would cope.

I was suspicious at 16:16 in the vid, are you sure that the commentator isn't you Noob? :noobster:
I can still remember your voice changing mic and that you say that you have followed this guy from the beginning....
It's all starting to add up now.. ;) :lolz:

But seriously, unless they can build a game engine that will handle everything that BF4 throws at it and come up with a tick rate higher than say 55, then the game will always have problems.

That game that he went to, after the BF4 session (I think that it may have been CS:GO but I could be wrong), the game ran a hell of a lot better but looked drab and slow in comparison to BF4.

EA have the game right, what they need is to get the Game Engine right, once they've done that and managed to marry the two together, then they will have an awesome following. :deadhorse:

Good vid though.

Cheers,

RG
RG5023
Honorary Clan Member

PostAuthor: NoobHunter [NL] » Sat May 31, 2014 10:52 am

Have been doing some digging and found some interesting comments from DICE on here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/c ... code_will/

This basically means that once they "fix the bugs" (yeah i laughed to writing this, 7 months after release) it should play as good as BF3 (which sucked too imo). With an increase in tick rate from 10Hz to 30Hz in theory it should get a better performance

The answer on that one below that is just gold and EXACTLY how most of us feel.

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/c ... ll/ceiqdjd
NoobHunter [NL]
Honorary Clan Member

PostAuthor: NoobHunter [NL] » Sat May 31, 2014 1:27 pm

If you're a bit of a techy, like me, then you will enjoy this video explaining why it's 10 Hz tick rate since earlier BF series. One of the best video's around.

Summary: Microsoft (and Sony?) has a maximum download/upload speed requirement for their Xbox which limits the tick rate to 10Hz. This ensures that people with a poor internet connection still can play the game. This pretty much means consoles are fucked! PC should work yet only just now with CTE they are trying...

Watch on youtube.com
NoobHunter [NL]
Honorary Clan Member

PostAuthor: Suzuki007 » Sat May 31, 2014 7:49 pm

Thanks for the info Noobster,

EA are going to loose the hard line BF players like ourselves when BF Hard-line is released,

It's going to be a totally different game play and style and sadly not the style I look for in war games,

That being said I will wait and see how things turn out and as with everyone else I will never pre pay for another EA game ever :thumbdown:

Suzuki007
Honorary Clan Member

Return to Battlefield 4