Links Menu

BF1 how is it?

BF1 how is it?

PostAuthor: NoobHunter [NL] » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:12 am

Early access Snotty? How is everybody with early access like it?

Bring on Friday :)
NoobHunter [NL]
Honorary Clan Member

Re: BF1 how is it?

PostAuthor: Suzuki007 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:26 am

Hi Noobster,

Been busy with work,

Managed to play about 30 minutes last night for the first time,

So far I like it, graphics are amazing and the weapon sounds are awesome,

Also doesn't appear to be that nasty "oh shit I got shot through a wall" and so forth tick rate and all the bad nasty stuff we got used to in BF games of late,

It appears to run correct and nice and smooth so far so good, they may have finally got one right,

Early days though for me as I said only played 30 min or so :)

Suzuki007
Honorary Clan Member

PostAuthor: NoobHunter [NL] » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:52 pm

Thanks Suz! That sounds promising!
Looking forward to have a few games with you all!

You planning to air a server Snotty?

Some review website was talking about bf1942 feeling, that sounds exciting to me!

Friday night bring in BF1!
NoobHunter [NL]
Honorary Clan Member

PostAuthor: SnotGoblin » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:04 pm

Sorry for not posting sooner, have had nearly 40 hours of gameplay now and feel I can give me thoughts honestly having played most classes for a good period of time....

First up, the graphics... Just wow.... Seriously... Wow... DX!2 is very pretty, and seems to run well on my system... 9/100
Sounds - Always good in BF games, just sexual here..... 9/10
Hit Reg - Always an important one and something they had massive issues with in last 3 titles... FIXED! Feels the best to date of any BF game, impressed - 8/10
Map Design - Something here for everyone, they are beautiful maps and fairly well designed, only one I dont really like, but over all they are pretty damn awesome 8/10
Gun Play - Some people are going to hate it to start with, but seriously... Give it time, the balance is pretty damn spot on I think... You need to get used to it, each weapon has a sweet spot and owns at its appropriate range, an Assault class will dominate a sniper at close range 9 out of 10 times, and vice versa, as it should be! 8/10 (couple of weapons need tweaking)
Vehicle Play - If you put the time into learning how to play them, and pick the type suited to your gameplay style, and or map, then domination is going to happen. If you get a tank crew that works with you, you are pretty hard to stop.... It takes teamwork from the other side to take you out. Planes are awesome though the bomber and fighter need tweaking further 8/10

Overall so far i would give the game an 8.5/10 :)

Itll be a firm 9 out of 10 once they tweak a few more things.... But as for an EA release, its one of the best I have seen so far, not to many obvious flaws...

Things newbs need to know - You are going to die lots to start with!!!! Suck it up, its worth it!!! Learn the maps, and find the guns and unlock the ones that work with how you play. Every single gun has a sweet spot, which it just owns in, Sniper rifles all have different muzzle velocities, and 100 damage insta kill sweet spots, find the one that works for you!
Dont rage quit, stick at it, there is a combo thats right for everyones play style, just dont expect to play like BF4 where you can jump in and own, its completely different, and more "realistic" potentially gun wise (shottys and SMG's pwn up close, LMGs and SLR's own at Medium, and Snipers etc own at Long.)
Work as a squad, and you will be rewarded... Dont all play the same class, mix the squad up nicely across the classes and you are hard to stop.
In every previous BF release, I was an Engy.... Always was and will be.... Except now.... I find I am either Medic, Sniper or Assault mainly, pick the class that suits the map, and the current team situation, dont just stick with one class, its not that sort of game ;)

I hated it to start with, as I died lots, and I mean lots.... Suck it up, seriously!!! It will and does get better, once you get to know the maps, and the guns, and unlock more choices with your war bonds, you gameplay options increase, and you start to ramp up as you click with something you unlock!

Its the best title they have released in a long time I honestly think, purely because it is different, and everything is not as it was..... Takes some relearning the basics, but its well worth it...... If you find you suck online, go play the single player, its teaching you what you need to know to own on the multiplayer!

Very cool game imo, and the graphics, sound and new game modes add a lot to the experience! Some things arent perfect like the joining on friends function, and a few minor irritations... But over all, awesome fun!
I have never been able to fly in a previous BF game, I love the planes in this title.... :)

Join us in the Skanky mumbles, oodles of players in there every night....
SnotGoblin
Site Admin

PostAuthor: HURT-U-I-WILL » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:18 pm

I'd have to say snotty's review pretty well sums up my experience to date.....

I get killed a lot (and I really mean a lot), but I'm starting to really enjoy the game play. Visuals are stunning and I like the sound of the guns as well!

I have experienced a few sessions where I was rubber banding etc....but nothing like the BF3 and BF4 experiences when they first released.

I'm going to give it 8/10!
Cheers,

:hurt-u: HURT-U-I-WILL :hurt-u:

HURT-U-I-WILL
Honorary Clan Member

PostAuthor: NoobHunter [NL] » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:57 pm

Thanks for the review Snotty! When I last spoke to you didn't seem convinced, you must have died lots then :P

Will keep an eye out for you guys on the servers. Splitting up my game time between Fifa17 & BF1 :D
NoobHunter [NL]
Honorary Clan Member

Return to Battlefield 4